Back in August 2008, I started smoking cessation classes; I had nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, a support group, etc. I did real well for a few months, then I started to fall back into the old habit; one cigarette a day, two cigs a day, and by Christmas, some days it was 3 a day. So, I started the campaign again. I am asking anyone that reads this to pray for me to have the strength to kick this nasty habit once and for all.
Matthew 26:41 (NIV) "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
1 Corinthians 10:12-14 (NIV) 12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
James 4:7 (NIV) Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Casas por Cristo Trip
16 years ago


6 comments:
I didn't even know you smoked! However, I will remember you in my prayers.
Hey Susan, we will pray for good results and extra strength for you.
I didn't know you even smoked either!!! I will be praying for you, as I know it is a terribly hard habit to break from watching my daddy try to quit so often! It takes a lot of strength....and you have it, you just have to FIND it and make PLEDGE to to quit...you will find the FAITH to...I have FAITH in YOU!!! Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my blog too! I really appreciate them! I added you to my sidebar of favorite blogs also! I always feel a little more connected to home when I am in touch with old friends! THANKS!
You can do it!!! I believe in you and will remember you in my prayers!
Susan,
Cigarette addiction is strong.
People are weak and human.
God's strength is shown in our weaknesses. With his strength, you can beat it.
LOVE & PRAYERS,
BRENDA
Thanks everyone for the prayers and support!
Post a Comment