6/10/08

The Second Week of June

Man, wasn’t it hot this past weekend! Anything over 75 or 80 degrees is about more than I can take! Friday evening, Sue, Marilyn, and I went to the Cabin for supper. Saturday morning, I had to be in Bedford by 8:30 a.m. to have some work done on my car. A sleepy Cliff went along. We left Bedford Ford and went to Starbuck’s; then hit WalMart. After returning home, I did laundry and housework. Cliff worked on the yard; Jonathan came out to do the weed-eating. He worked for about an hour then left because his sunburn was hurting so badly. He came back on Sunday morning and finished. Ross had a ballgame on Saturday morning; he got two hits! I believe his last game is Friday (postponed from last night). One, evening, Myrissa came out and helped me finish planting flowers and then we watered everything. Cliff watched the new Rambo movie and I was reading Elizabeth Lowell’s new book, Blue Smoke and Murder (it was good – finished it last night). Sunday, I made some broccoli & cauliflower salad and got stuff ready to take to Jeff’s for lunch. Sue furnished the main dish and dessert. After lunch, the kids enjoyed playing outside and eating icy pops! After awhile it was just too hot, so we all went back inside. Tony and Patti stopped and we “visited” for awhile. Later in the evening, Cliff and I sat on the porch for awhile, watching traffic & birds (& anything else we happened to see) and listening to the water fountain. The honeysuckle sure smells great! Maggie left on her mission trip; we are praying for her to have a wonderful trip and a safe return. Yesterday, I had a training seminar in Bloomington, and Cliff started the day shift. He has to work 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, because one of his co-workers had a death in his family. Today, back to work for me. We had rum cake today at work for the June birthdays. It sure was good. This week looks quiet for us. We will probably go out to eat with Marilyn and Sue before the weekend; Marilyn leaves on Sunday, I think. Everyone have a wonderful week and enjoy the under-90 degree temperatures!

No comments: