This week Cliff is working 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.! What a shift. At least it is a little cooler in the Plant on that shift. One more week of 12-hour days; hopefully the 12-hour days will be done on 8-15-08.
Jennifer’s headstone finally is at her gravesite; it is real pretty.
Jonathan and Brittney came out one evening and Jonathan did some weed eating for us. Jane and Katie came by for a few minutes that evening also; they had been to the cemetery. Saw Robby go by a couple of times; I don’t think he saw me sitting on the deck though.
Sue and I went to supper one evening at Uncle Buck’s; it was pretty good.
Went to the doctor Thursday afternoon; had a sinus infection which I got medication for.
Friday, I worked late; on the way home, I stopped by the soccer field where Ross was practicing. Julinda and Alex were in the car because Alex was asleep. Ross’s soccer games start next week (Thursday, 8-14-08 at 5:45). When I got home, I grabbed a bite to eat and then mowed grass for a couple of hours.
Saturday, I wanted to go to Tony and Patti’s moving sale, but I had to take my car to Bedford Ford to have it serviced. I then did a little shopping and stopped at Starbuck’s on the way home – Cliff had requested a Milky Way Cappuccino. When I got home, Jonathan and Cliff were working on the yard. They finally got all of it finished.
Myrissa and Katie both went to the optometrist this week. Myrissa got reading glasses and Katie got contacts. Julinda, Ross, and Alex attended “meet the teacher” night at Ross’s school this week. His teacher is Mrs. Callison, who is Dr. Sutton’s daughter. He thinks he will like her. I believe all the kids start school on the 11th, except Maggie who starts on the 12th.
Sunday was a busy day. I got up at 4:30 and finished the laundry and did some housework. Cliff got home at 8 a.m. and we sat on the deck for awhile. Brenda and I went to the Church of the Cross to hear Tony preach. He gave a great sermon! Afterwards, we had lunch outside at Jeff’s – what beautiful weather! Then we all went to the Martin State Forrest to celebrate Noah’s first birthday. It was a great party and Noah had a ball! He is just so ADORABLE! You can see all the pictures at: http://www.snapfish.com/ in my “album” entitled “Noah’s 1st Birthday and Misc.” Some of the pictures are pre-cake, during-cake, and post-cake! (See below.)
Sunday evening, Brenda, Jane, and Katie came to visit. Cliff watched some TV; I read some of a book, then got all my stuff ready for work.
Today--another Monday, but what a beautiful day! This morning was so nice and cool; it was hard to go back inside at work after going out for break. I am thinking about taking the day off tomorrow, because the weather is supposed to be so nice and I have leave I can use. Debbie Flynn called and we talked for awhile, catching up on all the news from the weekend and last week.
Brenda’s new blog site is: http://www.brendasville.blogspot.com/. She has a wonderful post on there entitled “A Benediction.” I put her blog site in my favorite links.
Hope all of you have a great week! As Tony said in his sermon on Sunday, do things to make God smile!
Casas por Cristo Trip
16 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment